If you are tired of continuously using built-in design in your embroidery machine. You must have to make a change by adding more unique and creative designs. A child approached me some time ago and asked to embroider a Disney design on his cap. I was embarrassed that not a single machine had this design.
If you want updated and custom designs in your embroidery machine, then surely you have to move for the best embroidery software. I have used different software in my career, which helps me a lot, and I have given my honest review about them.
Benefits of Embroidery Software
- 1 Benefits of Embroidery Software
- 2 Best Embroidery Software
- 2.1 Embrilliance Essentials- Top Embroidery Software
- 2.2 Embrilliance StitchArtist- Best for beginners
- 2.3 Brother Initial Stitch- Best Brother Embroidery Software
- 2.4 DRAWings PRO XI- Best Digitizing Embroidery Software
- 2.5 LETTER IT! – Best Embroidery Program
- 2.6 BuzzXplore v2 Premier- Cheap Embroidery Software
- 2.7 Embrilliance Enthusiast- Best Embroidery Software for Mac
- 3 Final Lines:
- With the help of software, you will clearly see what you are actually going to embroider. You can see designs clearly on a computer or laptop. It will save your time and effort.
- Digitizing software allows you to customize your design before stitching. After seeing the design, if you think the design needs some customization, you can make it accordingly.
- The software helps you to personalize the design to the next level. You can put letters and numbers of different fonts in your design.
- You can change the design size, add letters or numbers, flipping, rotate, and merge the design.
- If your built-in design is not compatible with an embroidery hoop, like the working area is 4 X 4 and the design is a bit large, your machine will show an error message. With the help of an embroidery program, you can reduce the percentage of design.
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
|Brother Initial Stitch||
||Check on Walmart|
|DRAWings PRO XI||
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
|BuzzXplore v2 Premier||
||Check on Amazon|
||Check on Amazon|
Best Embroidery Software
Embrilliance software is my favorite, and it helped me a lot in creating beautiful designs. It can easily convert designs into every format. A detailed demo of software usage is there to assist you. Moreover, the bulk of videos on YouTube will be more helpful.
I have edited a couple of designs by adding letters, cropping, and changing positions. I was really amazed at how easy it is to use the program.
It can perform many functions like split, merge, change thread color, add designs, save designs for future use, and a lot of other functions. It will be helpful in case you are new to embroidery. You can add text in multi-line, monogram, and circle modes.
You may require a suitable laptop, so look for the best Laptop for Embroidery Software.
- Easy to Use
- Give a lot of features
- User-friendly setup
- A bit pricey
Embrilliance Stitch Artist is best suited for beginners who want to spend many hours learning. We have used this software on Mac, and it gives the finest results. I have tested it by providing this to my student, and I was pleased to see the level of ease. Although there are learning curves, demo and YouTube videos helped us a lot.
StitchArtist can work with PC and Mac accurately. This includes making applique designs stitch designs, filled shapes, backgrounds, and some other decorative designs. It has three levels, first for newbies, second for intermediate and third one for expert embroiders. But this is level one for newbies.
Make your custom design by adding a background image and joining some designs. Step-by-step guidance will be provided if you get stuck. With automatic stitch generation, you can preview your design 3D, line art, and stitches. It will also provide you to edit, color, move, adjust size or position, and rotate your design.
In addition, you will have 200 outlines, 150 motifs, 50 emboss patterns, 15 fill patterns, and a complete guide which you can download in PDF format.
- Best in price
- Easy Editing
- Will polish your embroidery skills
- Not much good for sewing
Initial Stitch is also one of my favorite software, which gives me massive design options. You can design custom designs and monogramming fonts on 4″ x 4″ and 5″ x 7″ hoops. It is so easy to navigate and transfer.
You can easily merge design, resize, reshape, center, flip, and crop your design. There are 25 built-in letter fonts, 5 monogramming fonts, and 27 decorative fonts for further beautification. The software also gives the option to preview your design with different backgrounds.
I have judged that this software works fine with almost every machine. Its designs are easily imported into a machine and stitched.
Some people report that they have an issue with code activation. I will advise you to contact Brother support simply, and they will assist you.
- Easy to edit and design
- Creative fonts and frames
- Create circle applique
- It doesn’t work with Mac
The initial Stitch works with windows 7/8.1/and 10.
Now it’s a turn of the best creative digitizing software, DRAWing Pro 11. Although it is expensive from others, remember; expensive things will please you more.
In the past, I have used different costly software, but they didn’t satisfy me completely. So I decided to add this, and I was amazed at how easily and quickly it was installed. DRAWing Pro will work correctly with almost all the popular file formats.
DRAWing is the first software that completely integrates with graphic designing software. You can make your designs by adding shapes, text in 3D designing mode.
In this software, you will have the option to import any picture, and its advanced patented algorithm will convert it into a realistic embroidery photo.
You will have complete control over the design through which you can merge, move, delete, and insert different designs and stitches. Floral design can also be added to your design.
- Easy tutorials provided
- Worked with graphic designing software
- PaintStitch included
- Cannot directly import design in a machine
LETTER IT! is another software with amazing embroidery designs. It is used to add beautiful and creative letters to your fabrics. It will help you to create single and multi-line text with different variety of fonts.
I was a bit nervous before purchase because of some negative reviews. But after using it, I resulted that the software has no issue as described in reviews; that was all their mistake. A letter is very easy to use, even for beginners. It works perfectly with almost all machines.
It comes with a variety of different fonts that are unique and creative. Choose any font, change its size, merge with designs and make it flexible with your hoop. You can also save and download your custom design to a computer. As it offers different file formats but I used the most common PES format.
- Easy to use
- Variety of fonts
- Vast editing options
- No instruction available
If you are looking for affordable and best-quality software, then BuzzXplore v2 will be your choice. Earlier I was using its previous version, but that was not compatible with Windows XP and 10. But now its updated version is much improved and works very well with Windows.
We have used the .dst format to import the design, and it works very well. From users’ reviews, it also works fine with other file formats. It will easily and quickly find the designs, unzip them, and convert formats.
When talking about its ease, it works like Window explorer so that it will be easy for first-time users. With Buzz, you will have a lot to do with a design like locate, print, sort, copy, paste, cut, convert, zip, unzip, etc.
- Easy to operate
- A lot of features
- Convert design in one click
- Not compatible with Mac
If you are sick of embroidering old designs, we have a solution. Embrilliance Enthusiast is the best embroidery digitizing software for mac in which you have a lot to do.
As I have been embroidering g for years, I have thousands of downloaded designs. I just copy them all and paste them into the software and afterward edit some of them. The software is so easy to use and manipulate.
You can use this program on different computers, and it is also Mac embroidery software. Its automatic knockdown stitches will allow you to embroider on fleece, towels, and fur. Repeat design in circle, oval, and mirrored with the help of repeat and scatter tools.
- Best for expert embroiders
- Advanced features
- Works with Mac and Windows
- No updates
It’s a wise decision to make some changes in your embroidery designs. It will build a strong grasp on your work and make you different from others. We have tested all these software thoroughly and given an honest review about them.
We hope that you must have selected one of the best embroidery software. But if you’re still confused about what is the best embroidery software, here are my personal recommendations;
- Embrilliance Essentials- Top Embroidery Software
- Brother Initial Stitch- best brother embroidery software
- Embrilliance Enthusiast- embroidery software for mac
- Best Cheap Embroidery Machine of 2022 for Low Budget - October 6, 2022
- Janome HD-3000 review: Did it deserve your table? Latest 2022 - October 5, 2022
- Best Embroidery Machine for Beginners (Starter Machines) in 2022 - July 27, 2022